COVID-19: Impact on School Facilities & Operations
Moderator: Jim McGarry, President & CEO, Education Market Association (EDmarket)
Dave Jenkins, Director of Operations, EHOVE Career Center, Milan, OH
Damon Norris, Director of Operations, A+ Charter Schools, Maricopa, AZ
John Pymm, Director of Facilities and Operations, Bonneville Joint School District #93, Idaho Falls, ID
As the novel coronavirus spreads and prolonged school closures increase nationwide, extraordinary efforts have been taken by educators, families, and policymakers to ensure student safety and well-being during this time. This webinar will focus on the unique challenges school closures have had on the school facility staff. Hear from seasoned administrators on how they have faced this unprecedented situation and take part in an interactive discussion of what lies ahead.
Panelists will discuss the following important topics:
- How to keep students, parents, and families engaged and morale up during uncertain times.
- What safety precautions are in place for those people that remain on campus such as administrators and service staff (IT, custodial staff, security, maintenance, food service)
- Challenges with transitioning to providing instruction online/remotely and what technology and tools have been most important to your school community.
- The impact of construction projects resulting from closures for school year.
- What can be done to ensure our educational spaces are best prepared to receive the return or the adjusted normal that may be waiting for us.
- Sharing of the most important lesson you have learned during this outbreak.
- Advice to do you have for vendors looking to be a helpful resource.
||COVID-19: Impact on School Facilities & Operations
||Wednesday, April 1, 2020
||2:00 PM to 3:00 PM (EST)